We are looking for professionals who want to be part of a dynamic, growing firm and work in a faced-paced and fun environment. The position we are filling is for a Restoration Project Manager in a disaster restoration company.
What makes us different? We are a Novato-based, woman & family-owned water and fire damage restoration company specializing in delivering premier services to high net worth clients and commercial property owners in San Francisco and the larger Bay Area. Dry Kings is a fast-growing start-up that stands for excellence and opportunities. We are expanding our in-house mitigation team, which offers water damage drying, fire damage mitigation, and mold remediation services.
Our team members would say that we offer a great work environment, exceptional benefits, and a fun atmosphere that appreciates and recognizes great effort. Additionally, our strong growth provides many opportunities for upward mobility.
What you’ll get to do:
- Oversees all of the water damage crews for quality control, efficiency, and profitability (ensure right amount of equipment & quality of services) by checking the majority of jobs on a minimum once a day and the final day.
- Initial assessment of water/smoke/fire damage in buildings and completion of any mitigation-related tasks which include (but are not limited to) securing the job site, perform any necessary demo/cleaning and setting equipment in the attempt to restore the structure.
- Works as a part of emergency after hours response team.
- Handling of industrial restoration equipment, such as air movers, dehumidifiers, HEPA air filters and moisture meters.
- Reinforces Dry Kings standard of delivering premier restoration services in a timely, efficient, and profitable manner.
- Signs & scopes Jobs. Must maintain a high closing percentage and teach field personnel basic sales.
- Walks customers through beginning & end of the job.
- Responsible for the development of current technicians and the training technicians to perform to Industry standards. Training includes performance evaluations, coaching opportunities, and encouraging good performance.
- Creates a positive work environment, communicates with management, and deals with issues in a manner that maintains a positive company culture.
- Coordinates the scheduling with the coordinator and office manager for efficiency. Creates weekend / after hours on call schedule with coordinator / office manager.
- Work closely with the estimator / coordinator to account for all costs associated with the job and all work performed / equipment accounted for invoicing.
- Communication and management of subcontractors and temp labor for efficient job completion.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted through the course of work; gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion
- Assist in problem solving and in making the Company more effective and efficient
- Manages the customer and client experience.
- Read and interpret Xactimate estimates
- Implement standard operating procedures for department.
- Apply general mathematical and data entry skills
- Lead internal training programs for existing and incoming staff members.
- Assure that key KPI’s for program work is implemented and that company consistently performs near the top companies in our region.
- Quality control for production for drying and remediation projects.
- Assure that the company consistently passes environmental clearance tests.
- Assure that all tracking is completed properly, on every job.
- Work as a part of emergency after hours response team.
- Identify safety hazards, communicate, and establish control measures to ensure the safety of occupants and workers
- Responsible for technicians’ safety in the field and warehouse, OSHA compliance, conducting bi-weekly safety meetings and ensuring proper usage of Personal Protective Equipment
- Follow and oversee safe work practices and adhere to safety and risk management guidelines at all times.
What we offer our Restoration Project Managers:
- Represent a company that provides exceptional quality service and is recognized as a leader not only in our market but throughout the industry.
- Growth opportunities and upward mobility in a dynamic and growing company.
- Participation in a company that makes a difference – we restore lives and livelihoods of those impacted by water, mold, smoke and fire damaged to multi-family buildings, homes and businesses.
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with people that are passionate about their work and coworkers.
- Surround yourself with high achieving individuals and be a part of a high-performance company.
What we expect you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated success in disaster restoration.
- WRT, ASD, AMRT or other mold certifications.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills including reading and writing English.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Valid work authorization.
The kind of people we look for:
- Outgoing and engaging leaders that want to be involved in growing our mitigation team.
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities.
- Friendly and outgoing people that are looking to make a difference.
- Team players that work to create other successful team members.
- Skills: Critical thinking, active listening, service orientation, coordination, time management, problem-solving skills, ability to work both as a team and independently, service orientation
- Valid driver’s license & clean driving record. Must be an insurable driver.
- Effective written and oral communication in English with basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs regularly, occasionally up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to train & teach field employees
- Ability to keep complete and accurate job files and follow through on projects
- Time management and organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks
- Produce work in a timely, budgeted, scheduled, and profitable manner for the company
- Provide exemplary customer services to clients, employees, and vendors
- Competitive base hourly compensation plus bonus opportunities.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Employee referral program
- Vacation & PTO accrual
Dry Kings is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.